Monday, May 23, 2005

Unread label on Gmail

Gmail Tools reports this tidbit from the Gmail Wiki :

Create a label called "Unread", Gmail will automatically add all unread items to it!
If you don't have Gmail, this won't mean much. If you get a Gmail account, this is just one of many great tips you can use.

Update: Although I've checked this with several other people, I can't get it to work on my account. I have several hundred unread messages though (I follow the Gmail marketing hype that there is no need to delete anything ever). It's possible that you need to set this up at the beginning or at least before you have a large number of unreads to overload things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am not able to create a "unread" label. I get an error message saying system names are not allowed for labels. any idea how to work aorund it?
Thanks,